Lillia – Magazine cover, web banner, launch party ticket and branded merchandise

Standard

Here are all my JPEG files of my Lillia campaign. I have also included some examples of other work that inspired me and gave me ideas. “Lillia” is a film.

Magazine Cover

Launch Party Ticket

Web Banner

Here are some examples of web banners that I thought looked really cool and stuck out to me. I want to create one that stands out on a web page and that uses bright colours and is eye catching.

Here is my final design.

Here is my branded merchandise and I will explain why I have chosen to design these.

The Flor D’ Assasins are the enemy of Lillia in the film, and in the end she kills the leader of them and avenges her father’s death. I like to make T-shirts that arent just a logo or the character, but to make them geeky and funny, as this is becoming very popular at the moment. This is my other T-shirt design.

This design I think is quite amusing, as Lillia chages the colour of her lilly depending on what mood she is in. When she is happy her lilly is pink, and when she is fighting and angry her lilly is white. It rhymes too which gives it another amusment factor.

I designed this mug in the style which is also quite popular at this time, not using a heart for the love, but using a different logo, which in this case is the lily. Here are some examples that I have seen that insipred me to design this mug.

Boston is a dominant Irish town, so instead of using a love heart, they use a traditional clover, the sign of Ireland.

Here they hate noobs, so they represent hate by using the skull.

Advertisements

My Final 20 second animation sequence

Standard

Here below is my final sequence of my character Lillia. I followed my storyboard but slightly changed the camera views, to fully show off my animating. I have uploaded this to youtube so it is fully online, and I hope I will gain some constuctive critism, so that I will be able to make my animating better and gain more knowledge.

I will say that I did struggle with this, not with the animating, but with using the uni computers, as I dont think they are capable of running such a powerful program. My pc ran slow all the time, espeacially when moving my cameras around, and this did annoy me quite a bit. I dont know if there are better computers to use for this program, but I will certainly not be using the uni computers again for motion builder, as it runs better on my laptop.

12th Week for my journal

Standard

I have still tried to start animating in both 3DsMax and motion builder and I am all ready to go, but I just cant import my final sequence into any of the programs. I have tried to import it using an AVI, MOV and WMV files, but it wont work. I think the problem is my laptop, as I have downloaded the software and I need to go into uni and use the software there.

I am staying in Leeds over Christmas, so I will be going into uni over the break to get the sequence finished.

11th Week for my journal

Standard

I have been tweaking my final live footage in after effects, to get it just right. I want the cuts to flow, like the JATA footage does. I will go through the process of what I did to make the final sequence, to show you that I can do it.

When I opened after effects I created a new composition and changed the setting to work in HD, because that is what I filmed in. I imported all of the film files into the left hand box, and one at a time, dragged them into the bar at the bottom to cut them together to make one sequence. For each shot, I watched the JATA footage and my own, and moved the left and right hand sections of my shot to cut the shot to length. Here is a screen shot to show what I mean.

As you can see, the see through blue parts of my shots are the bits that I have cut off, so it was easier to put each shot one after another.

After that I just repeated the process for every shot that was required until I had all of the shots, one after the other, in sequence. I found it quite difficult at the start to get the shots just right, but I took my time and kept referring to the JATA footage, which helped me a lot in getting each cut just right.

I have left a two second gap where the close up of the skeleton will be, so I will keep the after effects sequence, and add the skeleton shot in afterwards.

I have finally finished the sequence and can now start looking into animating my skeleton. I really need to start putting a lot more effort into this project, because I really want to show what I can do and that I am capable of showing my skill in animating.